Low Carb Protein "Ice Cream"
3-4 frozen cauliflower florets
1/2 cup frozen zucchini, chopped
1 scoop plant protein powder
1. Chop and freeze zucchini chunks and cauliflower florets.
2. Blend frozen chunks with 1 scoop flavored plant protein powder and about 1/2 cup plant milk to thin (use less liquid more liquid if you want a shake, less liquid if you want an ice cream like consistency)
As long as your protein powder is flavored, I promise you WONT taste any cauliflower or zucchini. I've made this several times and it so hits the spot on these hot days! I currently use True Nutrition plant protein powders as you can customize your protein and flavor strength and they are priced very economical.
*1 scoop plant protein powder
*1 cup non-dairy milk
*2 handful's ice cubes (add more for ice cream)
*1 Tablespoon vegan pudding mix *see below
* ½ tsp xanthan gum (1/4 tsp for ice cream)
Blend on high in a Magic Bullet for a fluffy, light, delicious dessert!
Purchase Xanthan Gum here
Vegan Pudding Mix
Berry Ice Cream
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 5 oz (half a block) Tofu
- Almond milk to thin mixture if needed
Blend blueberries and banana in a food processor until smooth. Add almond milk a tablespoon at a time if mixture is not blending well.
Pumpkin Ice Cream
2 organic bananas, chopped and frozen
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1 tsp pumpkin spice
Optional: 1/2 cup Native Forest Coconut Milk for a creamier texture and consistency.
Combine frozen banana chunks, pumpkin pure and pumpkin spice in a food processor and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
3 Organic Bananas, sliced and frozen
4 T Almond Milk
2 T Organic Peanut Butter (or any nut or seed butter you prefer)
3 Organic Strawberries
Dice 3 ripe organic bananas and freeze overnight. Add to blender and pulse. Add 4 Tablespoons almond milk and blend on high until smooth and creamy. Wash and mash your strawberries. Add strawberry “jam” and peanut butter to “ice cream” and stir or pulse just until lightly blended.
Chocolate Ice Cream
2 Banana’s (sliced and frozen)
2 Tablespoons Organic Cocoa Powder (unsweetened)
1-2 Tablespoons Silk Pure Almond Milk (Unsweetened)
Optional: Chocolate Stevia Sweet Drops, Navitas Naturals Organic Cacao Nibs.
Banana’s must be frozen before pureeing, otherwise you will make Banana Soup.
For added Sweetness, try Chocolate Stevia Sweet Drops by Sweetleaf.
1. Add frozen banana slices to a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Add 1-2 Tablespoons Almond Milk to improve consistency.
3. Add 1-2 Tablespoons Cacao Nibs and pulse until lightly blended.